Service Mapping Fundamentals training will equip you with the knowledge necessary to ensure services health via the identification and frictionless improvement of the infrastructure issues.
The combination of interactive course and lab work teaches how to discover and model services to manage service health, determine the business impact of infrastructure problems, simplify the root cause analysis of service issues, and minimize the service impact of the infrastructure changes.
FOR THE TIME BEING, ALL OUR TRAININGS TAKE PLACE ONLINE.
- Understand the ServiceNow Service Mapping solution and its capabilities, recognize how it differs from the ServiceNow Discovery,
- Learn the concepts and value of ServiceNow Service Mapping top‑down discovery, so ServiceNow administrators know how to model an entire service providing a single entry point to the service (such as a web URL or host address and port),
- Install and configure MID Servers,
- Navigate user interface of the Service Mapping,
- Configure credentials for Service Mapping,
- Configure Service Mapping to discover and model a service from a top‑down approach including all the supporting it apps, network devices, and servers,
- Explore the configuration of Service Mapping patterns to model own copyright apps and connections unknown to ServiceNow Service Mapping,
- Understand how inserts and updates are applied to configuration items in the CMDB (with the use of Identification and Reconciliation apps),
- Understand how Service Mapping and ServiceNow Event Management work together to ensure visibility into service outages,
- Identify troubleshooting techniques.
ServiceNow Service Mapping Fundamentals addressees
The course is designed for IT Operations Managers, ServiceNow administrators, and consultants who need to implement, configure, and administer ServiceNow Service Mapping.
Preparation & requirements
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator training preferred,
- Experience in configuration, monitoring and discovery tools + working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows servers is highly recommended,
- A fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, IP networks, subnetting, and network devices.